1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement for Marantz 4100 OSE feeding a Panasonic PW5

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bossc@, Mar 20, 2004.

1. bossc@

Dec 20, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi Guys

Looking for some advice really. I currently have a 2 and 1/2 year old Marantz 4100 OSE and am looking to replace with something newer. I have a budget of around £150 to £200 only (baby on its way so funds are tight). I'll be changing from using RGB scart via JS Tech VGA to the panels component inputs.

I'm not really interested in SACD or DVDA and DVI/HDMI are out of the question with the panel. I've been reading and searching on here and in the Plasma forum but cant seem to make up my mind. I've read up on the Momitsu/Yamakawa players and also my (possible) current choice of the Sony 730/930, but there seems to be quite a few people reporting problems or issues with each.

Also, would I really benefit from PAL progressive or look for something that will only do NTSC progressive to fit the panels resolution. PQ is my main concern.

Would really like anybodys honest opinion that may have matched up a player in my budget with either the PW5 or PW6.