Replacement for LG PS8000

jaytc2003

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all, currently have an LG 50" PS8000 that is in for repair under an extended warranty. Basically one of the hdmi ports no longer works. The service company have said it needs a replacement mainboard as it is all one unit etc but I have been told that due to the age of the tv (around about 2009) the parts may no longer be available so it may be that I get a replacement set (warranty states a like for like feature wise and design / style)

What is the equivalent these days, I have tried searching but to be honest all of the different specifications confuse the life out of me so I don't actually know / understand what is comparable.

Thanks

James

What's the spec - help us out here ;) How much are they offering you? Panasonic 50GT50 is the best buy at the mo, or the 50VT50 if you can swing it

Hi sorry about that, specs are,

LG 50PS8000 50" Plasma TV
Built-in Digital Freeview
HD Ready 1080p (1920 x 1080) Resolution
Dynamic Contrast Ratio of 2,000,000:1
Dual XD Engine Image Processor
Brightness 1,500cd/m2
THX Certified
Intelligent Sensor
600Hz with sub-field driving
24p Real Cinema
AV Mode (Cinema, Game, Sport)
Expert (ISF) Mode
Invisible Speakers tuned by audio expert Mr. Mark Levinson
Clear Voice technology
2 Way 4 Speakers (10W + 10W)
SRS TruSurround XT
Simplink
Swivel Stand
4 x HDMI
USB 2.0 (JPEG/MP3/DivX HD Playback)
Bluetooth
2 x Scart (1 x Full)
Component
PC Input
Composite
S-Video
Panel Life Span - 100,000hrs

The value of the cover was just under £1000, so if a replacement is done then I dont expect to get that much, however the cover is a like for like so something frameless etc and with the same feature set

THX sets it apart from lower models. The GT50 is 3D, has HD Freeview and Freesat tuners, probably quite similar otherwise. I'd certainly ask the question - retailing at John Lewis for £900 currently

thanks for that, read a few reviews and does seem like a mighty fine set. Just need to see what the insurance company is going to do now, waiting on a call from them re part availability

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom