1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement for Kef 2005 Center Speaker

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by S2KI, Sep 12, 2005.

1. S2KI

S2KI
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can anyone recommend a good Center Speaker for my Kef 2005 system. I would like it to also be silver and upto £200.

The main reason for the change is whenever I watch DVDs in 5.1 the music is always louder than the dialogue. And if increase the center volume on the amp then the sound distorts.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

2. lockstocked

lockstocked
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    i have heard that the kef q6c is a fab replacement for the centre, plu syou get two beneftis, fisrtly you sort out your weak centre, and secondly you get to have 6.1 by adding the current centre into the surround, works for me, and it should cost you less the £120. but please remember you have to have the amp to give you 6.1, i have a denon 2805, just the job, and the speaker is available in silver

3. stevefish69

stevefish69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +439
    I suffered exactly the same for just over a year before upgrading.

I would say the Kef Q6C as the cheapest option followed by the Q9C which has been reported to be miles better. Duno what the latest Kef models are.

Keep a look out, as i managed to pick up an XQ2C (in silver) for £250 in a closing down sale. Unforunately this showed up the L & R which the wife soon agreed to change :smashin: , especially for music as all Cd's have been moved from kitchen Midi to living room.

Changed to Q4's and never looked back, just be aware that you are gonna be on a slippery slope.

steve

4. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,080
    Do a search you'll find loads of info on this very issue. I don't have the eggs but have the Q series. I recently upgraded from the Q6c to the Q9c which had a massive improvement to my system.

Given you have the eggs I think the Q6c would make a diference but do try and demo a Q9c too, you may find it better.