• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

replacement for KEF 2005.3 center speaker

tazg101

Prominent Member
Hi guys, i'm looking to replace my center speaker from the KEF 2005.3 setup.

I feel the center is letting my system down as i've always felt dialogue is low on it whatever settings i've tried.

Looking to spend up to £200 on a center speaker.

Its needs to be black,quite compact and sexy.

any suggestions would be apperciated. thanks.

would something like this be ideal: http://www.laserlinehifi.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/3562/products_id/65306

Last edited:

KUBBY

Prominent Member
You are best advised to keep within the same "family" ie Kef,otherwise you could hear the tonal difference as the sound travels from left to right.

That puts your "quite compact" requirement to the test,'cos they don't do one.

I had the same problem when I was using my 2005.2's up front.I bought a Q95C from a forum member and ran it (for some time) with Eggs either side and it sounded fine.

I still use that speaker as my centre,though the L/R are now floorstanders and its still excellent and not going anywhere.

Remember,your Centre provides 60% + of the front sound stage so you should expect it to be a bit beefy.

Good Luck,

K.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom