Replacement for Kameleon remote?

thinkjim

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My Kameleon One 4 All remote is going through batteries like nobody's business so I've decided its time to look at alternatives. I originally imported the URC9960 from canada, and after much reprogramming I got it configured nicely. The downside has always been battery usage :(

I need to control a Samsung LCD TV, a V+ Box (TV Drive), a philips DVD Player and a Sony amp/dvd (DAV-S500). I've been looking at logitech's range of remotes; specifically the 525, 555 & 785, does any one have a thoughts / comments / recommendations on these remotes? I can see the 895 looks good but its a bit pricey. I'm not sure what the differences are.

I don't want to spend an absolute fortune, but on the other hand I don't want a product that looks cheap and plasticy, obviously functionality is very important to.

any advice would be appreciated.
:)

Hiya ,

I bought the harmony 885 as I could re charge it...cost me £100 at Xmas from amazon..Appear to have gone up to £136..
Can't fault it although took a short while to configure it.

Good luck

Another vote for the Harmony 885.:thumbsup:

I've had my Kameleon for a just over a year now, just ordered the 885 to replace it after all the positive comments. Should arrive this week :D
I'd been looking for a replacement for a while now since the Kameleon just wouldn't control everything I've got. Obviously I can't recommend it personally yet since it hasn't arrived but I spent a long time researching my replacement (half the fun IMHO) and the 885 looked like the best bet. I'll post my opinions on it once it arrives.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I'm going to go with either the 885 or the 785, I'll let you know how i get on!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom