1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement for JVC AV28R25S?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by astonbilla, Feb 25, 2003.

1. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I know everyone hates these questions but i would really appreciate your opinions guys.

I have the JVC at the mo, and while i think the picture is amazing the dark RGB does annoy me. Though it didn't until i read about it but we all know how that happens.

I am scared to change the set in case i cannot get a different model with such a good picture. If you could give me any info or comparisons for the following it would really help.

In fact any suggestions would be great too, budget around £600

Philips 6557
    Sony LS60
    Tosh 28zd26

Thanks

Bill

2. TommyK

TommyK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hvae had 5, yes 5, of these sets in the past two weeks and now awaiting another replacement.

The problems were bad geometry and buzz from the centre speaker.
    On the latest unit the only way to view the teletext is to have about a 1.5 inch black top and bottom border - otherwise the teletext page numbers and time cannot be seen.

The resaon I am persevering at the moment with this model is down to tjhe sound. At this price there is nothing on the market to match it. I now use the DVD and TBV to play CD s instead of the hi-fi.

Yes the contrast is dull on the dark scenes and I do not like it - but I had to take everyting into consideration.

3. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    the pics a wee bit soft too though.

starnge thing, the geometry is perfect on mine, in fact apart from the dark rgb - this is the most perfect set i have ever had - and i've had a few. Search my username!!

Retailers scream at the very mention of my name