Replacement for Hisense M557000

moobs

Standard Member
Firstly, I'm sorry about posting 'what's the best TV out there' however my need has somewhat come out the blue and my household will not live without a TV.....
I have not looked at TVs in 5 years so not sure what is good and what is not these days.

As background, I purchased a Hisense 55M7000 when they where new about 5 years ago, its was a great TV for the price £800 ish (if I remember correctly). Unfortunately it grew to be problematic and it was sent away for repair and was classed as uneconomical to fix... Leading to my current situation of having no TV.

Moving forwards, my needs are:
1)budget ~£900, would only really go to £1k if it was absolutely worth it. However less is better if I don't need to spend it.
2) must have a good User Interface. The hisense was good but boy it was frustrating at times
3) picture quality / 4k is a must
4) 55 inch TV, can't really fit a bigger one in the living room
5) must have good motion quality, I despise judder in moving images
6) occasionally used for my lads X box one x and my PS3.

Other nonessential information..
We sit approx 12ft from the TV, viewing angle isn't super important but it must be reasonable.
Ideally must have 4 HDMI inputs
We don't have a soundbar or av unit, sound is mostly through TV speaker.

Once again, sorry for this and hope someone can lend a helping hand. I have looked in the best buy TV thread, but matching up to what's actually on sale seems a bit confusing

moobs

Standard Member
Just as an update. I have been looking at the following:

Samsung QE55Q80A (£1k)
Hisense 55U8GQTUK (£950)
LG 55NANO866PA (£899)
Sony BRAVIA KD55X80JU (£850)
Hisense 58A6GTUK (£700)

Still continuing to hunt..

Dodgexander

Hi Dodgexander. Firstly thanks for your guide. Are OLED worth the extra over LCD?

I have seen the LG OLED55CX5LB which is £1,099.. Quite a bit over the budget but looks nice..
But is is worth the extra £100 over the Sony 55XH9505?
Apples and oranges really. Most people prefer OLED but it really depends a lot on your personal preferences. Some people may choose the Sony LCD instead to save money, or because they feel the Sony will give better motion.

I personally think the CX is the better TV but it really boils down to whether OLED is suited to your viewing conditions and your own preferences. I don't like to definitively say one is better than the other because it really does depend person to person.

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
Just as an update. I have been looking at the following:

Samsung QE55Q80A (£1k)
Hisense 55U8GQTUK (£950)
LG 55NANO866PA (£899)
Sony BRAVIA KD55X80JU (£850)
Hisense 58A6GTUK (£700)

Still continuing to hunt..

If motion is a must then go for the XH95 as it has some of the best motion going but also has a superb UHD and HDR picture.
Sony BRAVIA KD55XH9505BU

The CX is a great television but it's hard to compare the two as both have different pros and cons. The Sony is better for brighter rooms and general all round viewing and won't ever suffer from burn in. The CX will have no blooming and near perfect blacks and contrast but won't get as bright and may suffer burn in.

moobs

Standard Member
Just wanted to thank you all for your help.
I ended up getting a fantastic deal on a Samsung Qe55q95tc which was not on my contenders list and hope I didn't make a poor choice!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom