Replacement for failing Denon AVR-X2200W

mikehiow

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been very happy with my AVR-X2200W for the 6 years I've had it, but I think it's starting to fail - I've had the odd audio drop outs here and there and now ARC seems to have stopped working (Tested multiple HDMI cables).

I'd like to replace it with something equivalent. Preferably with Airplay 2 support and the latest HDMI standards etc. If there was something a little more compact, that would be ideal as I had to replace the feet with something much smaller on my existing unit to fit it in my TV Unit - which may have contributed to the failure, of course.

I've got Q Accoustics 2000 series 5.1 speakers connected up to it and have no idea what's needed to drive them as it came as a package.

Any suggestions please?

Last edited:
It looks like the obvious compact options are the Pioneer VSXS520D or the Onkyo TXL50.

I'd love to hear some thoughts on them.

I would still look at the Denon range. For the 8K 2.1 HDMI then the X2700 would be the natural replacement. I would be doubtful about the Pioneer and Onkyo as Onkyo and by default Pioneer are insolvent and the future isn't looking too good.

I would still look at the Denon range. For the 8K 2.1 HDMI then the X2700 would be the natural replacement. I would be doubtful about the Pioneer and Onkyo as Onkyo and by default Pioneer are insolvent and the future isn't looking too good.

Is that from a warranty perspective?

It would be nice to simply replace it with the latest, most up to date version but it would be really handy to find a lower profile form factor.

The Marantz NR1711 looks very similar to Denon X2700 in spec but in a lower profile package, are there links between the companies?

Is that from a warranty perspective?

It would be nice to simply replace it with the latest, most up to date version but it would be really handy to find a lower profile form factor.

The Marantz NR1711 looks very similar to Denon X2700 in spec but in a lower profile package, are there links between the companies?
Marantz and Denon are owned by the same company, Sounds United, although their combined history goes back a lot further. They do use the same parts and with just a few minor interior parts they are basically the same models under the skin. Marantz are better tuned in for stereo music than the Denon counterparts and for this you do pay more of a premium for Marantz models. If you get a Marantz you will easily recognise the set up procedure.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom