1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement for E800.

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Wayne Moule, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Is there a 6.1 DD EX/DTS ES version replacement due for this soon,as there should be?

Thanks in advance.

2. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Can't be too long now as Yamaha have got a few DD EX/DTS 6.1 amps/receivers out now at £350+.

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Given the last statement - why not get a fully fledged AV amp/receiver then?

As long as it has pre-outs for the fronts you can't go wrong; a replacement for the E800 would not necessarily be much cheaper, if at all ...

4. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Given the last statement - why not get a fully fledged AV amp/receiver then?

As long as it has pre-outs for the fronts you can't go wrong; a replacement for the E800 would not necessarily be much cheaper, if at all ...

This is probably why Yamaha have never bothered to replace it - to be honest, I doubt they will bother, there's certainly no need.
    You never know though!!!

5. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    phoned yamaha friday re amps etc they have no plans to upgrade yam e800 they will just be producing a/v amps ,the only 2 channel amps now are ax592+ax596 as they are going the (av route)

6. yatesd

yatesd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

About 2 months ago I was looking for a E800 upgrade as well and could find nothing. Yamaha had told me there was no plans for upgrading so went the Denon 3802 route and worked the same as before with the fronts going through my existing HiFi setup.

Sound is much better then the old E800 in normal DD5.1 and the 7.1 is well worth it when you find a title encoded correctly. Only problem is that new Denon is more pwerful than old E800 and therefore a little more difficult to balance the volume levels across all the speakers.

Dave.

7. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Replies galore!

My main front amp is a £450 Rega Elex,which is great and has a super Phono stage for my Vinyl.This is why I was hoping for an E800 replacement.

If the new budget Yamaha etc DD EX/DTS 6.1 amps have pre-outs for the fronts,which I hadn't really thought of and thus I could still use my Rega pretty much how I've got it now,then magic,I'll look into it.

Thanks peeps.

:)

8. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Of course quite a few of the other amps on the market also have pre-outs that you could use in a similar way.

I was able to do the same thing (until I had to return it due to the infamous DTS popping noise) with a Marantz 4200.

My main stereo amp is an old Arcam Alpha 6, and the other channels were driven by some Rotel power amps. Sounded great, except when playing DTS that is. :(