Replacement for denon avr 1906

elbutre

Standard Member
Hi

I have an avr 1906 which works perfectly well but has no Hdmi ports and I am looking at replacing it

Richer sounds sell a 1312 for 150 which is a great price. I have a set of speakers 2 front, 1 middle, 2 back and a subwoofer made by teufel. Not best speakers but ok for me

Have seen quite a few alternatives for the denon range but all are 300/400 plus which I don't want to pay

ONKYO TXNR515 and marantz NR1403

I am planning on getting an appletv so AirPlay or networked av receiver is not high on my list. All I need for now is Hdmi connectivity

Saw some posts suggesting the 1912 but it seems you can no longer get them for 225 like earlier in the year and the 1713 is nearly double in price

Is the 1312 a good choice for someone not needing airplay or networked av receiver?

dante01

Distinguished Member
THe best alternative I can suggest would cost you £350. The AVR1312 is a base model and would in theory be a few steps down from your current amp. The only current bargain that is comparable to your present amp would be the Yamaha RXV673 for £350, but this may be beyond what you are willing to spend?

The current Denon equavalent to your AVR1910 is the AVR2113 and this would cost you over £500!

The Yamaha I mentioned would ordinarily cost you about the same as the Denon AVR2113, but if you know where to look then you can get one for £350.

Other than what I've said, the Denon AVR1312 is okay for the money, but nothing exceptional.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom