Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Onkyo DVS757

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Denon 3800

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
G

glenlee

Hi all, I have posted on here a while ago about Denon 2800 (mk1) problems, lack of firmware upgrades, lip sync problems and chroma bugs etc...

I before I came onto this site I had no idea that the patchy picture I was watching was caused by the DVD player, I thought it was my plasma screen and that was the way it was!!

After reading other peoples comments about this player I became ever more dissapointed with it and now it has got to the point where I no longer watch films but am constantly looking for picture flaws.

THE DENON 2800 HAS TO GO!

So my question is (I got to the point, eventually!!) what do I get instead?

I have heard that the MK11 has its' own set of problems and with a history of not supporting its' customers I think I will stay clear of Denon.

Maybe the Arcam diva88+, although no one has posted anything about it and I don't want to be the one who tries it out!!

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly received.

(My dealer has agreed to give full refund against an alternate model so that gives me a price range to look at.)

Or maybe the new sony 999es is worth a look, or the rotel rdv1080 is now only £695 (down from £1500) a bargain.

But for my money £900 quid ish the sony with the best looking disc tray this side of the galaxy!!

cheers

Gary

Originally posted by gringottsdirect
Top shout, superb player, artifact free... and plays DVD-R.

DON'T FORGET DVD-RW :D

dvd

Thanks all, that kind of puts my poll out of the window!

(I really should read posts back to see what I've written!!)

I shall start again
with the suggestions mentioned above. I think I was going to buy a toshiba when my local shop suggested the Denon 2800. Maybe I should have stuck with my guns.

Thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom