Replacement for Bose Wave 2 CD?

broona

My parents are looking to replace their ageing Bose Wave 2(?) CD system, so I'm looking for some recommendations please.

They want DAB+ and CD playback, don't think they're bothered about too much else, but I'm struggling to find an all in one system with a CD player.

I've found a cheap Bush at Argos which looks half decent and ticks all their boxes - http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7630497.htm?cmpid=APP003 does anyone else have any other options up to a maximum of £250 please? Cheers.

mseve1

You'll struggle to find a decent one box radio CD player for £250 these days but these two do a least look to be better buys than the Bush:

Amazon product

These wouldn't be anything like as good as your parents current Bose Wave but if you're prepared to go second hand there are plenty of alternatives on eBay - in particular Ruark R4s alongside various Bose models.

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
Pure Evoke do a number of models depending on style. If not you can get another second hand Wave 2 with DAB module for around £150-200 on ebay.

Onlythesound

Morning...there’s always this - way over your stated budget of course but nice...

broona

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

I neglected to say, they've already tried 2 'immaculate' second hand Bose systems, the CD player didn't work on one, and the other has been taken to bits and put back together with a hammer by the look of things! 😅

I was looking for a new one to avoid this, the Panasonic and the Pure Evoke C-D6 look very good, I'll pass them on. I'll not mention the Ruark to them, they'll just laugh at me! 🤣

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom