Question Replacement for B&O Bang & Olufsen BeoSound 3000 MK2

smallesttrade

Morning

Just looking for a Christmas/birthday present for my parents and they currently have a B&O Bang & Olufsen BeoSound 3000 MK2.

is there any equivalent now I could replace it with? Iknow they the that look but not sure they’d like just a speaker.

Any ideas gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

mseve1

It really depends what you would look to be gaining over the current Beosound 3000 and what your budget is. The B&O originally sold for over £2k and, whilst it majors on its looks it's still a pretty decent unit sound wise. Unfortunately, there's nothing quite like it available today - at least from B&O.
There's plenty of excellent quality compact hifi systems our there but the trend is definitely towards streaming and internet radio as opposed to CD and FM sources. So, for the latter I think you would have to look at something more conventional such as a Ruark R3 or R5 for an all in one unit. Alternatively, a compact CD/Tuner/Amplifier coupled with a pair of separate speakers could be worth considering e.g. Denon CEOL N11 or Marantz Melody X. Whilst any of these choices would sound at least as good as the B&O none could match the BeoSound look or feel so I'm not sure how they would be received as a present :thumbsdow

smallesttrade

Thanks for the in-depth response -really appreciated. If there’s nothing similar looks wise, I’ll leave it till the thing breaks. Hopefully FM will be around a bit longer!

mseve1

If there’s nothing similar looks wise, I’ll leave it till the thing breaks
Even then all would not be lost since units can still be repaired through B&O dealers. Indeed there appears to be a healthy market in refurbished models :-

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom