replacement for a LG 49UH850V 4k 3d TV

rgarrett55714

Novice Member
Hi guys, I'm looking for some suggestions for a replacement to my LG 49UH850 4K 3D tv. It went in for a intermittent issue with the wifi and somehow the panel has been damaged by the repair company so its beyond economical repair. I understand I am not going to get another 4k 3d tv so I'm looking for suggestions as to what people think would be the closest replacement for it.

Any help and advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Dodgexander

I think the UH850 was actually FALD, so probably the fald models by LG today like the Nano90 and up.

Are you replacing like for like or getting cash value?
Do you have a particular want or need to go with LG again?
Most people today shop for LCD TVs with VA panels, do you want a TV with VA, or IPS (like your old TV).
Best buys are all below, I'd aim for a high tier model as a replacement if I were you.

rgarrett55714

Novice Member
I think the UH850 was actually FALD, so probably the fald models by LG today like the Nano90 and up.

Are you replacing like for like or getting cash value?
Do you have a particular want or need to go with LG again?
Most people today shop for LCD TVs with VA panels, do you want a TV with VA, or IPS (like your old TV).
Best buys are all below, I'd aim for a high tier model as a replacement if I were you.
The repair company are offering me £345 as a cash settlement for it which I'm a bit annoyed about too considering that they have broken the TV. I hadn't considered weather to get another IPS tv or switch to a VA one.

Ideally I would like something as similar to the UH850 as possible. I'm a bit gutted its broken to be honest.

Thanks for your help, its really appreciated.

p.s whats FALD?

rgarrett55714

Novice Member
Well hit a bit of a brick wall with it. The repair company that have damaged it have now destroyed the TV so I cant get it back or arrange my own repair. The retailer who I bought it from have offered me £550 for it towards the cost of a replacement and basically said take it or leave it the customer service manager is on holiday for the next two weeks too.

Bit gutted to be honest.

tvdavid

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom