Replacement for a KEF PSW 2500 Subwoofer

++ Jase ++

My and old an trusty(ish) KEF PSW 2500 isn't working properly it has no sound or an extremely loud rumble when turning it on.

So I would like to get a replacement for it but I don't want to spend much as I plan to get a complete new speaker package next year. What would be the cheapest decent sub I could get that would be a good replacement?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Depends what you looking for. If movies use mostly and want some rumble with decent impact then KLH Windsor 12" could be great. I would see this as upgrade from Kef for low cost from forum advertiser:

If looking something small and more polite perhaps similar sealed box as your Kef then BK Gemini II.

++ Jase ++

Depends what you looking for. If movies use mostly and want some rumble with decent impact then KLH Windsor 12" could be great. I would see this as upgrade from Kef for low cost from forum advertiser:

If looking something small and more polite perhaps similar sealed box as your Kef then BK Gemini II.

Thanks and I should have said, it is used pretty much for movies.

++ Jase ++

Would the KLH Windsor 10 be OK?

I don't know much about Subs but that seems to have similar power to the KEF?

Also looking at the size of the Windsor 12 it is a bit too big, ideally wanted something similar size to my KEF so maybe the Gemini II would be my best bet if it is OK for movies?

Last edited:

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Would the KLH Windsor 10 be OK?

I don't know much about Subs but that seems to have similar power to the KEF?

Also looking at the size of the Windsor 12 it is a bit too big, ideally wanted something similar size to my KEF so maybe the Gemini II would be my best bet if it is OK for movies?

Sure the 10" model would be fine too, i just thought the price difference being so small that the 12" would be a no brainer but if you can`t fit it then 10". It gives bit different feel to sealed sub. Highly likely that you would prefer the ported sub especially if you watch lot of action/scifi stuff. Often more fun experience at least compared to BK Gemini II which i have owned. Please measure the space again, here are the dimensions:

10" dimensions: 15.5″ H x 12.8″ W x 15.4″ D

12" dimensions: 17.8″ H x 15.4″ W x 18.1″ D

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom