Replacement driver Rel Qbass subwoofer

ONKYOYoYo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
All
I was wondering if someone can tell me what would be a good / better replacement driver for a
Rel Qbass subwoofer (Not sure of the model, just has Qbass on the front)

Please can someone tell me what would be appropriate dimensions for one and the specs
such as ohms, wattage. I do not want to modify the hole of the subwoofer case

I have been reading on google but could but could not find an answer so thought i would post here

Thanks all in advance

A few years ago I bought a replacement 12” driver for an old REL Q100 from BK Electronics, they knew the exact spec of driver required as they made loads of subs for REL back in the day. If you don’t get anywhere I would shoot them an email.

A few years ago I bought a replacement 12” driver for an old REL Q100 from BK Electronics, they knew the exact spec of driver required as they made loads of subs for REL back in the day. If you don’t get anywhere I would shoot them an email.
Thanks for the reply mate
I have sent them an email

I wanted to ask
When finding a replacement driver is it ok to increase the power of a driver,
for e.g. if the original was rated at max power 180 W, can a 200 W be replaced and sound the same or better
Thanks all

I wanted to ask
When finding a replacement driver is it ok to increase the power of a driver,
for e.g. if the original was rated at max power 180 W, can a 200 W be replaced and sound the same or better
Thanks all
No problem at all. I wouldn’t want one though that has a lower impedance or sensitivity rating.

I am keeping the ohms the same but can the power be increased
Yes because it’s just a rating of what it can handle. You can’t have too much power handling capability unless it reduces the driver’s sensitivity which is something you don’t want as it will reduce the output level.

Just doing some research and found this one,

I took some rough specs from different specs i found from the web. I am waiting for a reply from BK which will give me the correct specs
So I should keep ohms and size the same but can increases in power ?

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Yes but it’s not as simple as that. A driver has many other parameters that need to be considered.

The driver I bought from BK for £40 is also suitable for the Q-bass. Unfortunately it’s no longer available but BK should definitely be able to give you the specs.

The replacement driver made the sub sound much better than when it was new.

Yes but it’s not as simple as that. A driver has many other parameters that need to be considered.

The driver I bought from BK for £40 is also suitable for the Q-bass. Unfortunately it’s no longer available but BK should definitely be able to give you the specs.

The replacement driver made the sub sound much better than when it was new.
ok thanks

Hi all
To all the subwoofer experts and people who have replaced the drivers in REL Qbass subwoofers
Would this be a good replacement that will sound the same as the original or better

I am still waiting for BK to reply to me but thought I would post this

Thanks all

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Don`t bother emailing to BK, you rarely get answer!

Call to them NOW! Here is the number: 01702 527572

Ask to speak with Tom Pearce (tech manager) and you will get the answer you are looking for.

And while you're speaking to him, tell him to ask his boss to start making a 1000W ported 15" subs with Class D amps.

Don`t bother emailing to BK, you rarely get answer!

Call to them NOW! Here is the number: 01702 527572

Ask to speak with Tom Pearce (tech manager) and you will get the answer you are looking for.
Cant get through
Tried, phone rings but no one picks up

Do you think the soundlab driver i linked is a good replacement
I have seem some people have replaced with a peerless driver

Cant get through
Tried, phone rings but no one picks up

Do you think the soundlab driver i linked is a good replacement
I have seem some people have replaced with a peerless driver

No idea about the driver. Keep calling, they will answer at some point. Perhaps having lunch etc.

No idea about the driver. Keep calling, they will answer at some point. Perhaps having lunch etc.
Thanks will try but If anyone else can give an answer i will appreciate it very much
Thanks

Does the edge / surround matter when replacing the subwoofer driver
For e.g th peerless and the VISATON have rubber or foam edges but the soundlab one doesnt
Does it make a difference in a subwoofer

The frequency response from the MCM ones is
Frequency Response Max: 4 kHz
Frequency Response Min: 50Hz

The ones from the VISATON W 300
FREQUENCY RANGE
32 - 2500 Hz

The soundlab
Frequency Response (Hz) 30-4200

The MCM speaker has a rubber or foam surround also
The frequency response range covers the VISATON

IS this ok
Please can the subwoofer experts reply
Thanks so much in advance

@mattkhan do you have any comment on the driver mentioned? DIY experts probably know best which driver to look for.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom