1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement covers for Mission 77DS ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Chucky, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Chucky

Chucky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just managed to buy a pair of Mission 77DS in black, however, it turned out that the fabric covers are quite damaged and have spots on them (and when i looked at them before, they seemed fine).

Apart fro Mission themselves, is there a place where i can buy replacement covers, especially in white?

2. KevB_UK

KevB_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've not tried it but it looks like the back plate will unscrew allowing you get the covers off, if it's as easy as this then you can replace it with some new fabric fairly easily. I know car audio shops sell suitable material, maybe hifi shops do to?

3. Chucky

Chucky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it only looks easy, but after trying to unscrew the back plate (boy, they use the TOUGHEST screws i have come across, requiring super heavy duty titanium screwdrivers),

it seems that fabric is somehow glued onto the grill.. I dont even know exactly how to take it off!

You suggestion is definitely taken onboard! I will try to speak to Mission tomorrow to find out how to take the rabric off, for a start.

4. jonna

jonna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,987
    Is your name chucky or scooby doo- 'rabric' . Hee Hee Hee Heeeeeee!!!
    jonna