1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement Centre speaker..

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by saibot, Feb 3, 2005.

1. saibot

saibot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Hi,

I have a mission m7c center and m72 standmounters up front. I dont believe the center speaker is that great. Thinking of upgrading it to a monitor audio silver 12i, would this be a good match with my fronts ??
    Can anyone give some advice/knowledge on the Missions being 8/4 ohms impedance and the monitors being 6ohms, does this make a lot of difference ??

thanks,
    d... :thumbsup:

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Get another set of Mission M72's and use one as your centre. I do. It will be a perfect match for your fronts. The MA will not match - at all! - and will give you as "poor" as frontstage as you get now with the M7C - do you have the M7C1 or C2??

I never worry about 8ohm or 6 ohm speakers - there is barely any extra drain on an amp's power IMO. 4 ohm speakers usually require a more powerful amp or that you don't safely turn them up as loud as you can with 8ohm boxes.

3. saibot

saibot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    thanks, that definitely a solution I didnt think off. The center is a C1. I have a chance to try both setups, MA and a M72 (mission) as center so might try both and have a good think :)

4. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    donna - also have a look at the M7c2 (or M3c2i which is its replacement) as these were much better speaker than the c1 and will both match the fronts as well as fit and look ok on any equipment rack

5. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    How much does the Elegante centre retail for? That could be an option and you still have the Mission house sound.

6. saibot

saibot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    thanks for the updates :). I was thinking of another mission center - and thanks for your suggestion astorath, the m3c2i definitely looks like a winner. This would fit into my long term plan's perfectly, bi-amp the front 3 speakers, and also upgrade my fronts to nice floorstanders.
    As for the Elegante center Kazman, not sure but I will investigate there as well, this is possiblly the only prob with AV'ing, so much choice :D

7. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Arent the Elegante supposed to be the replacement for the M5 series? I was under the impression they were and if it is the case Mission themselves said that the M5 series were not a good match for the M7 as I was looking for new rear speakers and with discounts the M5ds & M7ds were basically the same price.