Replacement Car remote fob

Steve N

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The wife's lost her car "key" Actually one of those remote thingies as the car has push button start.
I've got mine but we can't be without one each.
The car's a 2014 Ford Focus.
I've rang the dealer. No problem. Except they want £180 :eek:

Anyone know where I can get one cheaper than this ?

Just worked out. The car cost me new the same a 100 car fobs.
Something ain't right :mad:

The wife's lost her car "key" Actually one of those remote thingies as the car has push button start.
I've got mine but we can't be without one each.
The car's a 2014 Ford Focus.
I've rang the dealer. No problem. Except they want £180 :eek:

Anyone know where I can get one cheaper than this ?

Just worked out. The car cost me new the same a 100 car fobs.
Something ain't right :mad:

Worth checking if you have key insurance, either through a dealership or your home insurance/packaged bank account?

Surely the deductible/excess would be less than £180.00 for a key and coding?

Worth checking if you have key insurance, either through a dealership or your home insurance/packaged bank account?

Surely the deductible/excess would be less than £180.00 for a key and coding?
I'll check with the dealership to see if I got any kind of cover when I bought the car as it's just a week short of its 2 year warantee now.
I'm sure my normal insurance excesses are around £150 so wouldn't want to hurt any no claims for the small saving I'd get.

Your not just getting a new fob, there's a metal tradition key blade inside it that needs cutting and you really want to get the lost key removed from the cars ecu so it can't be stolen, this would involve coding at the dealers, it soon adds up.

Sod's law dictates once this process has been completed that the fob will be found. Sorry.

Sod's law dictates once this process has been completed that the fob will be found. Sorry.
Found it last night :clap:

Actually my daughter found it by looking again everywhere the missus had said she'd already looked :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom