Replacement Barco Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NickBull

Has anyone replaced the Barco fans with QUIETPC fans?
Does it make it quieter and what size are the fans? I know you can get PC case fans ranging from 80mm to 120mm.

Also are they 3 or 4 pin plugs?

Yes They can be replaced yes I have done it.
The replacement fan must be the same voltage and have the same air flow.
The air flow is important because there is a cicuit that picks up the internal temperater of the projector and adjusts the speed of the fan accordingly. As far as I am aware these are standard PC fans in the projector.

The fans are 2 cable not all of them are plugs some are souldered in. They are usually mounted on 4 rubber clips.
You will loose most of the skin off the back of you hand getting them back into an 808 or 1209. The 708 chasis has to vertually come apart to change the fans.

We now change the fans as standard when we rebuild a projector.

I think I could possibly live with the slight humming and a full compliment of skin cells!

See if you think it'd be worth me replacing them on Friday. If it is some sort of resonance then maybe filling the boxed in mounting with a sound deadening material might stop it.

I think once my pc is quiet then the sound won't be too much of a problem!

Nick.
The fans(3) on 808s are normally 119mmx119mm(25mmwide) "NMB" or "Minebea" Technologies.

Part no 4710NL-04W-B30-P00
The CFM is 79.4
3.84 Watt
RPM 2050
Noise 35.0 dBa

A good replacemant are the Panaflo range from Panasonic.
The model FBA12G12M1A Exceeds the CFM rating of the NMB fan yet is the same dBA at 35.0. Due to the increased CFM the fan should run slower meaning lower dBA.
The specs are:-
120mmx120mm(but 38mm wide would have to check) (hole distance is the same 105mmx105mm)
The CFM is 86.5
4.08 Watt
RPM 2100
Noise at full RPM/CFM 35.5 dBA
It uses a fluid sealed bearing(Hydro-Wave) meaning longer life etc.

Maybe all it needs is new fans etc.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info, I connected it all back up last night (had room empty for carpet fitting) and the only really annoyance was the pc, i've halved the noise from the pc with a new psu, and have a cpu and MB cooler on order, hopefully then the Barco will be the noisiest, but I think i can cope with it as it isn't too bad.

I'll see what Roland thinks tomorrow!

Cheers

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom