Question Replacement AV Receiver hlp pls..

khanee130

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am hoping you can assist am a newbie :)

I currently have a Sony STR-DA1200ES Amp and Kef 2005.1 speakers. My problem is that the amp does not process sound as well as video through HDMI so i need to use additional optical cables on all devices to get sound through Kef speakers.

I have a Pioneer PDP-427XD TV which has optical output but after reading the manual this is only for DTV :(

I am therefore looking to replace the Sony amp and minimum requirements from a replacement are to have all HDMI devices plugged into AMP and a single HDMI output to TV with Pic and sound working. Also i would like to passthrough (hope this is correct terminology, for sound to come through TV) when the amp is on standby. I will be connecting my Kef speakers 5.1 to the system. The HDMI devices i will be connecting are :

Sky HD
PS3
Amazon Fire Stick
Qnap HS-251+

I was looking at the Yamaha RXV-379 which is within my budget but i have read reviews that passthrough does not work on this AMP ?

I hope i am looking at the right thing as i cant see any other way to get the setup to work with my existing kit.

Many Thanks for any assistance.

Depending on your budget there are many choices. I use the SONY STR-DN860 and it has HDMI2.0 and copes with all sounds from my PC and Roku4. Also has optical.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom