Question replacement audio upgrade cable for sennheiser HD1's

darren68uk

Hey peeps
just after some help but appreciate this might go unanswered!

Just bought some Pink Floyd Edition sennheiser HD1 wireless headphones,

really over the moon with them on a blind buy!,

any way i have been after a audio cable so can use them at home plugged into my HTC amp

but all i seem to find is this,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00UOMG...colid=5CWVIE7143H6&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

and it doesnt seem to matter where i search, different manufacturers come up, but its still the same cable

im happy to give it a go, but reviews seem hit n miss, so just wandered if there is a better alternative out there, id happily pay £30/40 for something that might last a good several years, than buy cheap and have to replace within a year

Steven

Senior Moderator
Why not approach this another way. Have a headphone extension cable plugged into the home amp and connect the headphones into the extension cable as and when necessary. Just choose a headphone extension cable that accepts the 3.5mm plug of your headphone and outputs to (presumably) the 6.3mm plug of your home amp

The non-standard connector on the Sennheiser means you may be searching a while for another option

darren68uk

Why not approach this another way. Have a headphone extension cable plugged into the home amp and connect the headphones into the extension cable as and when necessary. Just choose a headphone extension cable that accepts the 3.5mm plug of your headphone and outputs to (presumably) the 6.3mm plug of your home amp

The non-standard connector on the Sennheiser means you may be searching a while for another option
yeah i did consider that a possibility, and a sensible one ;) i think in my mind on looking at the one included, i thought maybe a better quality after market one would sound better! not sure why im saying that, as have not had the chance to try it out, as have neither a extension lead as you suggested or the something like the one i linked to,,

chicken vs egg situation i think,

any recommendations for a decent cable like you suggested ?

Steven

Senior Moderator
TBH I would choose cheap and cheerful and a quick skim on amazon shows loads of headphone extension cables at the £5 to £10 mark with minimum 4/5 customer reviews. I have lots of random interconnects in the cable draw on this criteria and none have ever snapped on me! Longer length may cost more of course. I do not consider £30 to £40 a particularly good ratio spend

The other alternative is to get hold of the part and solder your own cable.

darren68uk

Thanks for all your advice, will look at some cheaper extensions, re the solder route that did interest me, being an old school electronics engineer I’ve soldered my fair share of wires ;) but never an audio one, will look on the tube for some inspiration

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom