• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Replacement (5.1) PC speakers

Number Six

Standard Member
Hello,

I currently own a set of Creative G500 speakers for my PC, but have recently been hit by a common power issue with these speakers (bad relay component used by Creative - subwoofer keeps powering off).

As the speakers are out of warranty and Creative couldn't care less, I'm looking for new 5.1 speakers for my PC - and would greatly appreciate any advice I could get here in making a decision on what to purchase.

I wish to avoid getting any decoding hardware/receivers as I will simply be running the speakers off 5.1 analogue outputs from my PC.

I've had a look at the basic offerings from the likes of Logitech and other Creative products, but nothing seems to be as good as my G500's were (except maybe they won't blow up right after the warranty expires). I've had a look also at less PC oriented brands, like Teufel, but I'm not entirely sure what I'm getting in terms of quality. I want something that sounds better than my G500's, but there's no way of comparing products (if you don't count reviews, which are subjective and few in number).

I've had a look at this product, and it seems to tick all the boxes:

Concept E 300 - PC Speakers - Teufel Audio

However, I still have no way of knowing how good they'll sound compared to what I have at the moment.

Any ideas?

If it's relevant, I'll be using a Creative X-fi Elite Pro soundcard.

Thanks!

Odai.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom