Replacement 4k TV advice (55"ish, HDR)

movaado

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in possession of a Hisense 55M7000 TV from John Lewis. I'm impressed with it apart from the fact that its the second set I've had and it has the same fault as the first (high pitched chirping noise from the electronics when the set is warm and the screen is bright, which is a known problem according the M7000 thread on here). So, its got to go back.

The adviser at John Lewis recommends I get another set.

I want something around 55" with HDR and ideally 10 bit (or 8 bit + FRC) - usage is pretty wide ranging (gaming/blu-rays from Xbox One S, tv from Tivo).

Don't mind spending more than what the Hisense one cost (£700). I was looking at the KS7000 series from Samsung but John Lewis don't sell the 55" one. Would prefer to stay with them for warranty/customer service etc.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.....

The Hisense isn't really a capable HDR TV but at 55" the only comparable model is the Panasonic DX-750. It performs just as well if not better than the Hisense but with narrower viewing angles.

If you want good HDR you need a KS7000 and if you can't obtain one, need to spend more on something like a Sony XD93 or Samsung KS8000.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom