• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Replacement 3GS. No Apps or Music restored

hazelwoods

Established Member
The Apple Store in Glasgow are wonderful.

I took my 6mth old 3GS to a Genius Appt today. They checked it and discovered a battery fault so agreed to replace it.

They asked if I had backed everything up. I had done that on Monday night before updating to iOS 4.2.1

When I got home I thought all I had to do was connect the phone to my laptop itunes and restore from Monday's backup. Unfortunately not :(

Settings, texts, photos, notes etc have been restored, but most of the Apps are missing and none of my music has been transferred.

Most of the Apps are in Tunes so I can transfer them over but without their saved settings. Same with all the music. It is all there in the iTunes library. I always have Manage Music and Videos Manually ticked, as I don't want to transfer all the music at the same time. I prefer to choose a selection from the huge library (most ripped from cd). None of it was bought from iTunes.

I only seem to have 2 back ups. 1 dated February and one dated Monday. I used the February one when my original iPhone was stolen in April. This transferred everything on to the new phone, so I can't quite work out why everything won't transfer now.

hazelwoods

Established Member
It gets even more strange :)

I gave up and spent most of the night transferring apps from iTunes and then downloaded those that were missing. And now I find that everything has the saved info from Monday night :) Very strange.

Now all I need to do is transfer music. That'll take a while but it's easy as the music is all on the laptop.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom