Replace Yamaha RX-A3030 with Denon AVR-X6200W?

SnowJim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I got a Yamaha RX-A3030 that cant handle HDR, Im thinking of buying a used Denon AVR-X6200W, is that a upgrade? What would be a fair price?

denon-avr-x6200w_main_3.jpg

Regards

What is supplying the HDR signal. You could always run any HDR source directly to your TV thus by-passing the Yamaha. If using a Blu ray 4K player then providing it has two HDMI out then one will go to the TV and the second would go to the Yamaha for full HD audio.

Think you need to give more information as to exactly you want. As for the Denon I owned one but audio wise, apart from Audyssey XT32 for room correction then it's more of a side ways move.

Hi, Im using a Nvidia Shield that only got 1 HDMI out and no optic out.

I have tried connecting Shield > HDMI > TV(LG OLED) > HDMI(ARC) > Receiver(ARC) but the TV got a bug that gives me(and many others) sound drop out from time to time.

I also tried connecting a SoundBlaster USB Soundcard to the shield and then a optic cabel from soundcard to receiver. The Shield is also direcly connected to the TV with HDMI. But there is to many problems here :

• Shield lose connect with soundcard from time to time
  • Receiver do not get signal from soundcard from time to time
  • Heavy sync fix
  • A LOT of settings needs to be set(both shield and Kodi) and even after that some videos from Kodi will not work.

BUT you got a idea! If I can split my HDMI out from the Sheild and connect one to TV and one to Receiver it may solve the main problem. But will it work with a cheap simple HDMI splitter or do I have to buy a expensive HDMI splitter and also needs to support all formats?

I'm not a Shield owner having a SkyQ box which I'm able to run through my HDR capable Denon as I did with the X6200, now have a X6500. No lip sync problems and I can't forsee any problems with you running HDR through it. The only setting you need on the X6200 is to set HDMI to enhanced. I have read that LG TVs having some problems with ARC and some audio formats.

Depends on what you are going to pay for the X6200 as it's a six year old model now. I had mine for five years and it was very reliable with no hiccups at all.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom