1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replace Yamaha DSP-E800

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mark.king, Jun 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. mark.king

mark.king
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is there anything out there I could replace this with? I used this with my old hi-fi but not sure it is up to it with my new system. I have a Krell 400xi amplifier with a theaetre mode so can be used as a power amp. I have tried this with the yamaha and it is ok but somehow don't think it is up to running say a martin logan fresco centre speaker which I fancy to complement my martin logan clarities. I don't want a big amp with seven channels I just want something similar to the yamha. Is there anything like that out now? Yamha don't seem to have replaced it or have it on there sites. Cheers

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    AFAIK there is no replacement from Yamaha, but you can use any AV amp/receiver that has pre-outs for the front channels.
    True, the internal power amps for the fronts would not be used, but then the "missing load" also means the power supply can offer more power to the other channels (center and rears / surrounds).

3. mark.king

mark.king
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    With pre outs are they variable. What I mean is if I change the volume on the av amp will it change the output from the pre-out to the krell?

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Yes. :)

5. mark.king

mark.king
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers. Will have to look into this then at some point. I fancy the martin logan fresco's to go with my clarities but think the yamaha would struggle