Replace URC System

DngHD

Hi all!

I've recently bought a house that came with a URC system installed and so far have loved it, but I've recently upgraded my TV to a 55" AG9 and most of the system is limited to 1080 except the Apple 4K. I need some help and advice in getting it updated to be able to run and transmit 4K.

The system consists of the following components...
  • URC MRX-10 Advanced Automation Processor
  • URC DMS-AV Home Cinema A/V Receiver
  • URC DMS-1200 12 channel Mulit-Zone Streaming Matrix Amplifier
  • URC MFC-8 MAC Filtering Switch
  • URC TRC-1080 Multi Room WiFi Remote Control
  • URC TRC-820 WiFi Remote
  • Neoteck HDMI Audio Extractor
  • Wryestorm Full HDMI over Cat6 Transmitter and receiver.
  • Sonos Connect
  • Apple 4K TV
  • 4x4 HDMI Matrix
  • Rako Lighting system
The system is located in a rack in a separate cupboard and the signal from the amp to the TVs goes in to the HDMI matrix and then is run over cat6 using transmitters and receivers. The multiroom amp powers two ceiling speakers in each of the four additional zones, two of which have TVs in. I can control each room with the TRC-1080 from the Apple 4K to the lights and love being able to do so.

I just don't know where to begin in updating all this. My initial thoughts are, upgrading the amp, the matrix, the transmitters and receivers, but unsure as to whether or not cat6 is enough for 4K? And what is the alternative to maintain the functionality of what I already have?

Any help, comments or advice much appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    206.9 KB · Views: 31

AmericanAudio

AVForums Sponsor
To be honest, that is not something that can be objectively evaluated on photos and a internet forum.

Where are you in the uk and we should get 2 or 3 of us round to look at it.

Bottom line, its relevant kit, using industry standard cabling so should be able to update hardware and use the existing cabling.

Chris

DngHD

Bottom line, its relevant kit, using industry standard cabling so should be able to update hardware and use the existing cabling.
Thanks for the reply Chris. Knowing the cable is good at least gives me a starting point. Should I sell it all and start from scratch, but as googling it all is a hard slog, where would be the best place to sell it?

pmarb

Hi,

Yes still very much in daily use and controls all my home cinema separates and lighting via the app - it also integrates with Alexa - Dan did show me the software program as he was putting all the macro's together so I could alter things myself but I'll just get him back to reprogram things when I change a bit of kit

cheers

Tony

AmericanAudio

AVForums Sponsor
Thanks for the reply Chris. Knowing the cable is good at least gives me a starting point. Should I sell it all and start from scratch, but as googling it all is a hard slog, where would be the best place to sell it?

Personally, you need someone (or a couple) to come in a review the system before deciding what to kick out the door.

Some of the URC stuff could possibly be reused, the video matrix is older twin cat none HDBT so should go. The rest really just need objective review and use-case evaluation.

Just doing something similar for a client.

DngHD

Yes still very much in daily use and controls all my home cinema separates and lighting via the app - it also integrates with Alexa
Well that's good to know that others are still currently using it.
Personally, you need someone (or a couple) to come in a review the system before deciding what to kick out the door.
That is a cost I would like to avoid if possible and why I joined this forum. I'll get emailing then and get some quotes.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom