1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replace plate with cable on mission 74i

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by UnNaturo1, Feb 12, 2005.

1. UnNaturo1

UnNaturo1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heyas.....

I have had the speakers above bi-wired with straightwire quartet (given to me free) and yesterday was given some Kimber 4pr. (yea, i didn't have to pay yet again)

Ive read the threads on bi-wiring and to be honest, i don't think i heard a difference between the 2 cables even tho now the kimber has not been set up bi-wired. (maybe a difference...crikey, too hard to tell...age and memory may play a part :laugh: )

Coz i threw away the metal connecter plates that came with the Missions originally, i stripped a lil bit of the straightwire .. just 1 piece each terminal to terminal.

I suppose the question is....1 piece is enough right? and it doesnt matter what speaker wire i use to connect these terminals right (i.e. kimber or quartet)
    I read elsewhere here that using the same wire is better? obviously trimming up 4 individual short lengths of Kimber for each terminal would be time consuming so i chose the straightwire coz of pure laziness...

note. once setting this all up, with all the time and effort connecting 8 pieces each end of the kimber on l/r &c...they are staying connected as is ;)

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    That's just fine. A good number of people replace the metal jumper bars with a short length of speaker cable, myself included. :)

3. UnNaturo1

UnNaturo1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the quick answer...

Just to clarify 1 other point tho...does it matter wat speaker wire i use..i.e. is it considered possibly a good bet to use the kimber rather than the straightwire?

Cheers

edit. for the replacement of the metal plates.

4. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I wouldn't even bother using anything worth that amount of money. Just pick the one that's easiest to work with and be happy that there's no difference between them. :)