Replace plate with cable on mission 74i

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by UnNaturo1, Feb 12, 2005.

1. UnNaturo1

UnNaturo1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heyas.....

I have had the speakers above bi-wired with straightwire quartet (given to me free) and yesterday was given some Kimber 4pr. (yea, i didn't have to pay yet again)

Ive read the threads on bi-wiring and to be honest, i don't think i heard a difference between the 2 cables even tho now the kimber has not been set up bi-wired. (maybe a difference...crikey, too hard to tell...age and memory may play a part :laugh: )

Coz i threw away the metal connecter plates that came with the Missions originally, i stripped a lil bit of the straightwire .. just 1 piece each terminal to terminal.

I suppose the question is....1 piece is enough right? and it doesnt matter what speaker wire i use to connect these terminals right (i.e. kimber or quartet)
    I read elsewhere here that using the same wire is better? obviously trimming up 4 individual short lengths of Kimber for each terminal would be time consuming so i chose the straightwire coz of pure laziness...

note. once setting this all up, with all the time and effort connecting 8 pieces each end of the kimber on l/r &c...they are staying connected as is ;)

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    That's just fine. A good number of people replace the metal jumper bars with a short length of speaker cable, myself included. :)

3. UnNaturo1

UnNaturo1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the quick answer...

Just to clarify 1 other point tho...does it matter wat speaker wire i use..i.e. is it considered possibly a good bet to use the kimber rather than the straightwire?

Cheers

edit. for the replacement of the metal plates.

4. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I wouldn't even bother using anything worth that amount of money. Just pick the one that's easiest to work with and be happy that there's no difference between them. :)