iamdans

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I currently have this tv Panasonic TX-P42X60 (X60) Plasma TV Review and have been wondering about upgrading it for a while. I've seen that the LG OLED48CX5LC is on discount right now and as it seems to be the only decent tv under 55 inches in size was wondering how much better it'll be than a plasma.
I only use the tv for watching amazon prime/netflix/disney+/youtube so I'm not interested in sport or games

Thanks!

I had a very similar model (Panny 42 plasma) which I replaced with a 49' sony XF9005 - I was very pleasantly suprised and pleased with the Sony when i got it. I had in mind originally that I wanted an OLED, but I didn't want one that size (55) hence the Sony. I have no regrets and now, and think I just got a bit blinkered at the time thinking I had to get OLED, but the sony is great

It will be a lot better than your Plasma, just make sure you upgrade with the intention to use HDR material on the TV, as that will be where the most gains are to be made.

I still have my 42PX60 in my lounge. It is still going strong. I replaced it as our primary TV with a 55" Panasonic GZ950. Picked it up for just under £1100 from Costco. Really happy with it. The main draw to the Panasonic was how clean the picture was out of the box.

It will be a lot better than your Plasma, just make sure you upgrade with the intention to use HDR material on the TV, as that will be where the most gains are to be made.
Hi Dodgexander, I've decided to go for a 55 inch tv.

I've read through your guide of best value tvs, which tv for not much more than £1000 do you think has the best picture quality for watching netflix/amazon (no games or sport)

Thanks!

Hi Dodgexander, I've decided to go for a 55 inch tv.

I've read through your guide of best value tvs, which tv for not much more than £1000 do you think has the best picture quality for watching netflix/amazon (no games or sport)

Thanks!
Panasonic HZ980/HZ1000, LG BX or if you want an LCD TV instead, Sony XH9505.

I don't have an opinion on LCD vs OLED, which would give the best picture for netflix/amazon?
The HZ980 seems to be about £1150 and the HZ1000 is about £1500. Are you suggesting those two because their the best picture irrespective of price and I should go for the cheaper one to get the best value?

The HZ980 and HZ1000 are practically the same TV, if the HZ1000 is going for 1500 then its presently priced far too high. Yes I'm suggesting those two because of the picture quality. They also have good HDR format support for Amazon and Netflix.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom