1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replace or repair for my Panasonic DMR E100H

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BlackRaven, Oct 20, 2005.

1. BlackRaven

BlackRaven
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been having a couple of problems with my Panasonic DMR E100H over the last week. Its 14 months old, so the shop I bought it from over the net aren't interested as its over a year old now.

The problem can be intermittent and I have been working round it so far, but its only a matter of time before it will stop. Basically, when putting a disk in I get a "Check disk" error - both blanks and originals. If I let it cool for a bit, and then press open then close in quick succession it will then usually be able to see it again.

I have certainly got some wear out of it over the last 14 months as I like to collect TV series that are unlikely to get official releases, as well as transferring stuff from VHS.

I live in the northwest, so I am either looking for somewhere local recommended for a quick repair, or suggestions on an ideal replacement (not Phillips as I know loads of people that have all had problems with them).

2. nickt

nickt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I were you I would write a letter to Panasonic customer services and say that although out of warranty, you would expect a quality product from a respected manufacturer to last years, not months. I had some (Philips!) DECT phones that packed in after about 18 months and I did exactly this. They were repaired for free and are still going strong (now nearly 5 years old!).

I think also that there may be a basis for this argument in law (I can almost feel the lawers itching to contradict me!), but I did not have to mention that with Philips.

--Nick

3. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297