Replace or repair for my Panasonic DMR E100H

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BlackRaven, Oct 20, 2005.

1. BlackRaven

BlackRaven
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been having a couple of problems with my Panasonic DMR E100H over the last week. Its 14 months old, so the shop I bought it from over the net aren't interested as its over a year old now.

The problem can be intermittent and I have been working round it so far, but its only a matter of time before it will stop. Basically, when putting a disk in I get a "Check disk" error - both blanks and originals. If I let it cool for a bit, and then press open then close in quick succession it will then usually be able to see it again.

I have certainly got some wear out of it over the last 14 months as I like to collect TV series that are unlikely to get official releases, as well as transferring stuff from VHS.

I live in the northwest, so I am either looking for somewhere local recommended for a quick repair, or suggestions on an ideal replacement (not Phillips as I know loads of people that have all had problems with them).

2. nickt

nickt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I were you I would write a letter to Panasonic customer services and say that although out of warranty, you would expect a quality product from a respected manufacturer to last years, not months. I had some (Philips!) DECT phones that packed in after about 18 months and I did exactly this. They were repaired for free and are still going strong (now nearly 5 years old!).

I think also that there may be a basis for this argument in law (I can almost feel the lawers itching to contradict me!), but I did not have to mention that with Philips.

--Nick

3. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297