replace or add to...

aeronic

Standard Member
Reaction score
Im in a bit of a budget-restricted dilemma here.

i have a marrantz 4200 amp, which is smashing, and ive used it to power just two mordaunt short MS10i speakers which are great for listening to music.

However i have just moved house and the system is going into the lounge (15 foot square) and id like to upgrade to 5.1

My budget is limited to around 200quid (and the girlfriend is never going to allow it to exceed this now, or in the future)

Should i try to find a sub, centre, and rears for 200quid, or would i be better off looking at a cinema speaker package - eg the mission ms2 or tannoy fx5.1 - or other suggestions?

thanks.

First and foremost I'd get a new girlfriend or at least persuade the one you have to support your habit. If you are to keep her you might look at the AE aego. Here in the States they are sold for about 400 bucks and the reviews by owners are quite positive.

point 1: the gf owns half the house - not an option ;)

i am considering spending the 200quid on some monitor audio stuff - i can buy a pair of B2's and B centre for about 250, and then ill *have* to get the sub later, as it'll sound fairly naff without :p

all options being considered :)

NB: the aego comes with an amp/reciever which i already have - not replacing my marrantz!

aeronic, have a look at the enooooormous Canton CD1 thread - a great 5.1 speaker package for about £200 from germany. Aluminium finish so usually good WAF!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom