• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Replace my Shure e2c with E310 ?

jonnyv

Prominent Member
Im thinking of replacing my Shure e2c earphones with the Shure E310's.

Ive taken a look at www.headphone.com and ive attached a graph of the comparison of both earphones frequency response.

http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=687&graphID[]=483

Can someone with more knowledge than me take a look and tell me how they compare ?

It seems to me that the e2c have more bass.

If i compare them to the SE530's here:

http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=711&graphID[]=483

The e2c's seem almost identical to the SE530's apart from a peak after 2000 hz.

any opinions ?

thanks

asimm

Established Member
If it helps I have tried the SE530s against the e4s and the difference is vast - much more bass and much fuller sound.

Keiron

Prominent Member
I can't comment directly, but I have just replaced my e3s with a pair of 530s and the difference is very large indeed. The sound is much "bigger"/fuller and though I'm not into bass, it fair thwacks it out. The details they extract are quite unbelievable. Very, very impressive.

I was extremely nervous about buying because I'm a total non-believer in hifi these days. To me, cables don't make a difference, all cd players sound the same and once you've spent more than £250 on an amp, the improvements are negligible. I am a big believer in speakers and headphones though: hence my ownership of Dynaudio Contours and Stax earspeakers. So I'm not easily impressed! (And I think I enjoy the Shures more than my Stax).

So, if the e2 to 310 offers a similar margin of improvement you'll be ok. But, and I know it is a stupid amount of money, if you can stretch to the 530 you'll be pretty much safe in the knowledge you can't really do much better!

J

JDM121

You can get the super fi 5 pro for around the same price, and many reviews i have read said the super fi 5 pros are better than the se310

asimm

Established Member
Amazon have the 530s at a ridiculous price - range from 209-240 for push to hear (i never use and have never used the push to hear). Perhaps this may bring them within budget?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom