Replace my Moto G6 plus

Sprinterboy

Standard Member
Yesterday the camera stopped working on my Moto G6 plus.
It shows a black screen and despite running it in safe mode and doing a factory reset it still doesn't work.
I tried taking photos anyway and it takes a black photo.
I'm pretty sure it's just buggered.
I've had my phone for over 3 years and it's been excellent with very few problems. It's dual SIM with a slot for a memory card and the only thing I'd like to improve is the battery life.
I don't do gaming but use it for emails and the odd zoom or teams, and share a lot of music videos created by friends and family.
I'm looking for a similar phone at the budget end to replace it as near as possible but am totally confused about the current Moto lineup.
I had excellent advice when replacing my wife's phone a little while ago.
Can you help?

depot

How much are you looking to spend, the moto g30 seems a decent mid range phone, or a moto edge 20 lite for a oled display and a faster processor.

Sprinterboy

Standard Member
Ta. The g30 looks about right. I don't care about phones enough to spend more unless it's obviously a good bet.
Though I saw the g9 play at Argos for £100 and can't see the g30 is that much different.
The more I look at the specs the more I think they are all the same and I can't see the difference.
I like the G6 plus. Nice screen, and no features missing from what I'd choose.
If I've been running a tuning app all day I'll definitely need a booster charge, unless I'm on mains power. Annoyed about the camera!!!! But if that's dead, something else will probably die soon, so time to replace.

depot

Yes the g9 play is great value as well, the only difference is the 90 hz screen on the g30 don’t know if that really makes a difference, plus the g9 is last year’s model so it will/should get android 11, the g30 being this year’s model has android 11 and should/will get android 12, is that worth £60 ?, not sure myself.

Sprinterboy

Standard Member
I don't know what difference Android 10 11 or 12 makes, but I know when I do a factory reset, I always seem to end up with a phone that has a completely different screen appearance.
I don't know if this is 720p, they all seem the same to me.
I'm not critical and demanding enough to be a good phone customer!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom