Replace my humax box

footballwatford

Standard Member
I have no aerial just a satellite dish. We have SkyQ in the kitchen dinner and bedroom via a mini sky W box connected to the main box. However we have a humax freesat in the room we watch a great deal on tv on. How could I get sky to replace the humax without paying sky even more money?

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Is the sky dish accesible wiithout using long ladders or other means. You should have told sky that you needed a hybrid lnb to support Sky-Q and freesat kit.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
$ky will only do it for money $$$$

But casting $ky Go to a Chromecast might be sufficient for you in the bedroom and relocate the mini to the humax room? or even a Chromecast in the humax room will do?

rs101

$ky will only do it for money $$$$

But casting $ky Go to a Chromecast might be sufficient for you in the bedroom and relocate the mini to the humax room? or even a Chromecast in the humax room will do?
Except you can't cast Sky Go to a Chromecast...

Getting another mini might be a cost effective option. - it's a one off fee (usually about £50) and no change in your monthly cost.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
That's the NZ Sky, which has no connection at all to the UK company or operations...
Read the article - it does explain an alternative way of screen mirroring in the UK, albeit not simple or necessarily reliable.

However, your Q Mini suggestion has worked out well for the OP :clap: Thanks.

rs101

Read the article - it does explain an alternative way of screen mirroring in the UK, albeit not simple or necessarily reliable.

However, your Q Mini suggestion has worked out well for the OP :clap: Thanks.
Every time I've tried mirroring (or using an HDMI cable) with Android, the app detects it and blocks it.

It also talks about watching Sky Go via Edge or Chrome, which isn't possible with the European version.

So not sure how accurate that article is...

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom