Replace my aging Sim2 HT200

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MickB, Mar 13, 2006.

1. MickB

MickB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    After several happy years with this, its time for an upgrade. My budget is approx £6k, and I'd prefer to match with a suitable scaler.
    I split my time evenly between Sky & DVD, and need a throw-ratio of approx 2.2:1 (17ft on 80" screen).

I'd like to future-proof, so maybe 1080P, ie the Sony VW100 sounds good?

Any suggestions would be most welcome...!

Thanks

2. Sicoe

Sicoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Hi there

ive yet to see the ruby but have heard it looks superb and as its 1080p then your definately future proofing yourself.

ive seen the ht 300 elink and that is superb, ok it is only 720p but its a cracking projector and you can get that now for 5995

good luck in your search, im after a spare projector so if your selling then id appriciate you letting me know, is it the ht 200 or ht 200 dm cause am i right in thinking the ht 200 isnt proper 16.9 ratio.

Cheers Ian

3. Streetrod

Streetrod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Nice position to be in, at the end of the day I think your only real choice is the Sony VW100 (Ruby). It can had now for less than £6000, is 1080p and is I think the best picture I have every seen, and that includes some high end CRT's. The likes of Sim2 with the new HT3000 and Projection Design with I think its called the Model 3 now have 1080p DLP chip sets, but these machines start at £9000 and you are still going to have to contend with potential rainbow problems.
    I dont work for Sony by the way but at this moment in time I think they have this part of the market to themselves. The only problems I think this machine has its that its large and that by all accounts the lamp tends to dim quite quickly. All you Ruby owners out there please correct me if I am wrong