1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replace Mitsubishi HC 900 for Optoma H57???

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Murray, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Murray

Murray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If I replaced my Mitsubishi 900 for the Optoma H57 what improvments would I get.
    I have a 2.6mt wide screen and do see a bit of screen door with the 900, seating 4.5mt approx. Also the fan drives me crazy on high!
    I think the 57 would fix these things true? :smashin:

2. squibbly

squibbly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Well they're both PAL resolution, so no improvement there, also the Mits has a 7 segment colour wheel, whereas the H57 is only 6 segment. The H57 is supposed to be quieter, but from all the posts I've read, the Mits image is great. Can't see any great benefit in moving from one to they other, since by all accounts they're in the same league. Mind you I have seen neither!

If you've got problems with screen door and noise levels, what about the new Benq PE7700, which is cheaper than the H57 and HD (720 line) resolution as opposed to 570 on the two above. Mind you the two above have higher quoted contrast ratios. There's also the Toshiba MT700 which is a clone of the PE7700, but with a Faroudja chip. That's also a little cheaper than the H57 at Pixmania.

All said and done though, demo-demo-demo to find what you're happy with.

Squibbly