• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Replace ment for 876, either Pioneer 1019, Denon 2310 or Yamaha 3900

Skorne

Established Member
Folks,

After a bad experience with an Onkyo 876, I've been issued a refund and I need to get a new amp. So far I'm looking at:

1. Yamaha RXV 3900
2. Denon 2310
3. Pioneer 1019

I have a set of Kef 3005SE 5.1 speakers. I'm looking at these brands as I've heard good things about the Denon, I have good memories of Pioneer as my first surround sound system and as for Yamaha, I never had a problem with any of my Yamaha gear before.

So can anyone give any recommendations?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Passingbat

Distinguished Member
Folks,

After a bad experience with an Onkyo 876, I've been issued a refund and I need to get a new amp. So far I'm looking at:

1. Yamaha RXV 3900
2. Denon 2310
3. Pioneer 1019

I have a set of Kef 3005SE 5.1 speakers. I'm looking at these brands as I've heard good things about the Denon, I have good memories of Pioneer as my first surround sound system and as for Yamaha, I never had a problem with any of my Yamaha gear before.

So can anyone give any recommendations?

Thanks!

The Yamaha 3900 is good step up from both the other amps --- you would be looking at the Denon 3310 at least as an equivalent comparison (not sure of the Pionner equivalent).

There are some very good prices on the 3900 ATM at around £1080.

Skorne

Established Member
The Yamaha 3900 is good step up from both the other amps --- you would be looking at the Denon 3310 at least as an equivalent comparison (not sure of the Pionner equivalent).

There are some very good prices on the 3900 ATM at around £1080.

Thanks for the reply,

I'll be honest, based on my previous experience with Yamaha, I'm leaning towards the Yammy.

But that's a personal preference more than anything else :)

Zorba_8

Established Member
Just got me a 3900 and after the initial tweaking stage and getting my head around the plethora of features, i must confess that I love it. The ability to adjust each individual speaker (not just level and distance) in terms of frequency range is brilliant if you have a difficult room and have room mode issues. I found this particularly useful with my sub as i now have manually boosted the gain at a certain freq where i was experiencing a dip/trough.

And there's so much more for me to learn about! :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom