Replace Honda CR-V Sat Nav with Kenwood

steve99uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have a 2003 UK Honda CR-V with a factory fitted double din Honda/Alpine sat nav. It's playing up and I want to replace it with a Kenwood that has an ISO fitting. I can't seem to find anyone who can supply me with a connector to enable me to do this. I have tried Alpine/Honda and a number of other companies who tell me that they don't have anything that will let me do this, although one company did say that they could do it but wanted £1450 for the unit and fitting and I can get the unit else where for £750 or less.
I have been recommended this lead - PC2684 - but I don't think that it will fit.

Can anyone help ?

TIA

Steve

I've got the same car as you and a year ago I replaced factory fitted CD player with Double DIN Kenwood. What you need is a Honda ISO WIRING HARNESS CONVERTOR which is easily available on Ebay.

I've got the same car as you and a year ago I replaced factory fitted CD player with Double DIN Kenwood. What you need is a Honda ISO WIRING HARNESS CONVERTOR which is easily available on Ebay.

Thanks for your reply but I think that the CD player has different wiring to it than the sat nav unit.

I have 2 blocks going into the sat nav + another for an external cd player.

Did you buy a 2 - 1 ISO lead ?

Steve

Yes I bought 2 - 1 ISO lead.Did not know that Honda Satnav had different connections for audio side. The only additions to normal audio will be GPS aerial and speed pulse/reverse signals.
The attachment does not give any details. PM your email and I will send you the insert from CRV service manual.

Attachments

• S9A2E00000000000000EBAD14.jpg
    S9A2E00000000000000EBAD14.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,353
I went to these guys - http://www.audiocar.co.uk/

Found that the standard lead PC2-68-4 fitted. :clap:

Ended up buying a DNX8220BT from them - looked so much better that the DNX5220BT when compared side-to-side and they gave me a good price.

Cheers

Steve

I have the 2006 Executive with the honda sat nav and am fitting a Kenwood DNX 5220BT. Can anyone please confim what ISO leads I will need to connect up and maintain the steering remote function. Any answers much appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom