Question Replace home cinema amp with sound bar - advice please

Grumpykev

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a fairly old home cinema set up, amp with 5.1 speakers. Looking to change things but need some help. At the moment I have a blu-ray player, Freesat recorder, Chromecast and Amazon Firestick - I want to retain all of these. My TV only has two HDMI inputs so I feed everything via HDMI through the amp. Could somebody let me know whether I would be able to do the same using a sound bar and, if so, what models I should be looking at? Thanks!

I would demo the Bose soundtouch 300 bar as it is very impressive
Totally agree on that one. Check some other topics in this forum.
The only '-' is see (for you) is the lack of HDMI inputs on your TV (and no ARC)

I'm currently using my soundbar with just optical as no ARC on the HDMI but still gives very impressive sound and also now can run everything from just the bose remote.

I'm currently using my soundbar with just optical as no ARC on the HDMI but still gives very impressive sound and also now can run everything from just the bose remote.
Nice!
I am using HDMIARC (and CEC) for simplicity reasons, no bose remote in use (at this moment, only the Samsung SMART remote and an apple idevice)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom