Replace DigiBox

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by bigphilm, Feb 19, 2003.

1. bigphilm

bigphilm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I currently have an old reconditioned Amstrad box and when it rains the signal always goes. Iv`e been told by an engineer that this is due to a weak signal normally associated with older boxes.

Will sky replace/upgrade this within a smallish charge

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can assure you this is rubbish. I bet your "engineer" doesn't really have a degree in engineering or anything else.

There are people using the old Amstrad DRX100 in southern Spain. If your DRX100 has been properly refurbished with an upgraded tuner module (check the internal module for a white label with blue lettering) then it should work just fine. It's far more likely to be the fault of a bad installation. Next time it rains, put your Digibox in a polythene bag (to keep it dry!) and take it to a friend's house to test it.

For £65 Sky will usually do all necessary work to fix the problem. Even if it means replacing your Digibox with a "refurbished" one (only 3 months warranty). Don't let them tell you otherwise.

Fman