Question Replace Canon SC10 with ? (Old Castle Avons as mains)

jabokai

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi. I've posted another thread about amps, speakers and soundbars - General Amp/speaker/possible soundbar advice - and I'm leaning towards the one bit of advice there which leads to changing my centre speaker for something better and more suitable.

I currently have Castle Avon mains - the old ones (12+ years old), not the new fancy-pants range. The Canon, while being a decent enough centre in it's day never really matched the Castles - most noticeable when someone speaking would move across the speakers.

So I'm upgrading TV and amp soon and I also want to take the opportunity to get a better centre... I know the usual advice (same maker/range, etc) but I am constrained by the vertical space for the centre as I made a cabinet to fit the Canon - I have 163mm and that is it. I don't think the old Castle Keep2/Bastion would work even if I could get them.

So I'm hoping someone with old Avons has some advice, or failing that someone with some Castle experience. It doesn't have to be perfect, because it's replacing an imperfect solution that I was "okay" with... but I definitely don't want it to get worse!

And remember the height restriction! ;)

Thanks in advance.

Aw man, you guys suck at advice - I thought the internets had the answer to everything! :laugh:

Anyone even care to venture a guess? ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom