Replace broken 65 inch with 4K 65inch or oled 55inch

mattuk89

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, yesterday my 2 year old throw a dogs toy and it hit the tv and smashed, the tv was a 5 year old Samsung ue65ju7500 , I have never looked at replacing it as never been let down, so I don’t know the current specs and what to go for!

Insurance have made a cash settlement of 800 minus 250 excess which I have tried to get up, as I do feel is a bit low, but that’s another story, but will be looking for a new one around 800-1000 but trying to spend as little as possible..

I’m not sure whether to go for another 4K Samsung 65 inch as I’m sure the picture is going to be the same if not better quality, our tv is a bit big for our room but we’re used to it now.

Looking at either

Or do I go smaller with a better picture, never thought about “downgrading “ size, after a few days I doubt i wouldn’t even notice though, have been eyeing up:

Any suggestions? Not looking to spend any more money as i wasn’t expecting to be forking out any money for a tv at this moment in time!

£1000 at the very max please

There's a lot to consider nowadays when buying a TV, hopefully this guide should help you make your choice:

Think about panel type and HDR usage. The Sony XH9005 would be a good choice for predominant SDR usage if you are happy with a VA panel like your existing Samsung. Otherwise the Hisense U8Q is the best path to good HDR.

To make no compromises you're looking at the more expensive Sony XH9505 or an OLED and downsizing. The best TVs (including these) are in the high tier section of the guide.

The TVs you picked out are either not recommended, or sit in the low tier section. So its really about your expectations and what you want in a new TV. If your usage is the same as with your old TV and you won't be using HDR material then there's nothing wrong in going for a TV like the TU7000/TU71000 or TU8000/TU8500 - they are all basically the same TV with subtle differences.

the q80T would be best saving up for or the newer model when it comes out.

LG BX would be good or Sony

My advice a Sony Bravia, much better then Samsung.

The better Sony are over budget but not by too much for the 9005 at £1099

Although if you happen to be near Chelsea, you can get an ex display 9505 for £1049 (retail is £1299)

Yes the KD-65XH9005 is a great TV;

For all those who are interested I ended up going for

Glad I went for 55 over 65 my old 65 was just a bit too big for our small lounge.

the new one fits the space perfect.

00124BE9-1C2F-459B-9064-A5E0249797F6.jpeg

looks good and you have a 5 year warranty to. and defo an upgraded picture over the older one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom