Replace an SC-LX82 but with what?

dudeonline

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'd like to replace my SC-LX 82 soon, not necessarily with new, but with something that sounds better. I used to have a Denon AVC A1SR and have to say it was better than the Pioneer. I miss that.. :(

I suppose I need to consider 4K at some point but have a Panasonic VT55 so happy with its performance.

Any suggestions, anyone moved on from this receiver?

Cheers.

PS: I'm running Monitor Audio Apex speakers all round except for the sub which is a BK monolith.

We used to run MA Apex. Fantastic speakers even on the end of a £5k power amp!!!

Depending on your budget and whether or not you want Atmos/ DTS:X there is a lot of choice out there at the moment.

Receivers from Anthem, Denon, Marantz and Yamaha are all excellent. I personally prefer these over the Pioneers which we do sell.

There are some great savings to be had with the Denon and Marantz receivers at the moment as the new models have been announced.

Thanks for your reply appreciated. Yeah I'm not sure I'm getting the most out of the speakers with the Pioneer. I listen to my brothers Kef Eggs with the my old amp :( The denon AVC-A1SR and it sounds fantastic. I have the proper Apex centre too. I quite like the idea of trying a Yamaha, I'm not worried about Atmos etc, but I guess 4K has to be a consideration. I wonder too if analogue connections would eek out more quality than hdmi.

Thanks for your reply appreciated. Yeah I'm not sure I'm getting the most out of the speakers with the Pioneer. I listen to my brothers Kef Eggs with the my old amp :( The denon AVC-A1SR and it sounds fantastic. I have the proper Apex centre too. I quite like the idea of trying a Yamaha, I'm not worried about Atmos etc, but I guess 4K has to be a consideration. I wonder too if analogue connections would eek out more quality than hdmi.

The Yamaha's are great.

What is your source?

Feel free to drop me a pm

Have a look at the Marantz SR7010. It's Amps aren't as beefy as the Denon but it's Processing is excellent for movies etc. I can't say I'm missing anything compared to my Denon A1XV even for music although I am still using that as a poweramp for the five main channels.

ok I will thanks for that. I looked at one site and Marantz was panned by a user as not having the same level of high-end technology in it as Pioneer and Yamahas etc.. Despite that review saying it was a superb amp. Will definitely take a look, thanks for that. :)

ok I will thanks for that. I looked at one site and Marantz was panned by a user as not having the same level of high-end technology in it as Pioneer and Yamahas etc.. Despite that review saying it was a superb amp. Will definitely take a look, thanks for that. :)

Not sure why they'd pan it. :confused: It's pretty bang up to date with HDMI specs, Processing, Room EQ etc.

Yes looks good, packed full of features and reviews are very favourable.. Price is good too..

Will do. Appreciate the help. Seems to be about £899 in quite a few places.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom