1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replace A Paradign PS-1000 with a Rel Q150E??

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by tee, Feb 21, 2002.

1. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    What does everybody rekon - is it worth replacing my PS-1000 with a Rel 150 or something similar?? Will I notice a real difference for my money or should I stick with the cheaper Paradign?

I'll be running it using a Denon 3802 with Acoustic Energy Aegis Three floorstanders, Aegis One rears and an Aegis center.

Cheers

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Paradigm Servo 15, Richer Sounds £499.

3. Noman

Noman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They are totally different subs. Its like saying should I get rid of my Harley and get a Yamaha YZF.

I tested both before I baught my REL Q150.

4. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    They both do the same job don't they?!

As you say, you tested both before you chose the Rel.... so why did you choose the Rel over the Paradign?

5. Noman

Noman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The paradigm was louder.. First impression was wow.. I like it. After listening to several movies and some music I thought it all sounded the same. It was a little "muddy" and just rumbling and shaking.

The Rel was not quite as loud but loud enough. The difference was that I felt the Rel was a homogenous part of the whole system. playing a long with the other speakers, more distinct bass.

A Harley take you from point A to point B, So does a sports bike. What I ment is that some find a brutal, shaky, monotonuos and a little slow in reaction kind of bike/sub to meet their preferences, others like the fast reaction, smoothness, of a sportsbike/more musical sub.

Sorry if the differences between a Harley and a sports bike wasn´t obvious... That was the kind of difference I felt between these two subs

6. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I'm rapidly going off the Rel Q150 for my Paradign idea!

How about the M&K VX100? I've seen a couple in the classifieds a few times - one of these must up to replacing my Paradign??

Any thoughts?