Repairing Turtle Beach headset?

WarHog

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Been playing COD MW3 with my Turtle Beach headset and the right speaker has broke. I only get sound intermittently, if I tap the right headphone hard it sometimes returns to normal. Or a loud in-game bang sometimes starts it working again.

Does anyone think its repairable if I get my toolbox out and have a go? Could it be a loose connection inside?

Yeah that's what it sounds like to me

Yeah, probably a loose wire/dry solder, or contact, however it's put together inside.

Ill open them up tomorrow and have a look. I wonder if there are any placces you can send them off to?

Probably but I would think they would charge over the odds

Ill open them up tomorrow and have a look. I wonder if there are any placces you can send them off to?

If it's within the 12 months you get as warranty, contact the retailer, and see about sending them back, let them deal with it.

a friend of mine went like this so i open the left side speaker only where the cable goes in only to find the wires to the right side was twizzled and was shorting out..i soon sorted it

Thanks everyone. I'll check if they are still in warranty, if not then Im going to try and open them up tomorrow and see if I can repair them myself, as gav1810 suggests.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom