• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Repairing speakers

peterpiker

Standard Member
I have a set of B & W 603's and a B & W LCR 60 centre speaker... My daughter (2) decided to poke the cones... Yes poke the cones! Thankfully just the tweeters...
Happy enough with the speakers and its £59 for a replacement tweeter for the 603's. can't find a tweeter for the LCR 60 on google but will speak to local dealer...

Anyways, is it easy enough to change the tweeters on the floorstanders or is it a leave in to dealer job? If its only a few screws then I'm happy enough but I don't want to damage anything further!

vidjo

Established Member
Why not try B & W for the parts? Easy to change, just the screws and push on terminals, although may be soldered on some models.

kbfern

Distinguished Member
If the tweeters have been pushed in but still work ok try sticking some strong sticky tape on them and then pull it towards you carefully it can pull the tweeter dome back out again sometimes.

vidjo

Established Member
If the tweeters have been pushed in but still work ok try sticking some strong sticky tape on them and then pull it towards you carefully it can pull the tweeter dome back out again sometimes.

If they are soft fabric you can try sucking them out. Use a centre from a toilet roll - place it carefully over the pushed in part and get your mouth coupled to the roll and suck. - often works with fabric ones but not metal ones.

vidjo

Established Member
Did say "use your mouth" - vac is probably 1,000 times greater sucking power.
Oh well - off to B & W then.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom