Repairing damage to the vinyl wrap of a speaker

D

Deleted member 910934

Hi all,

I recently bought some "vintage" 1989 Rogers LS 4a Speakers. They were in good cosmetic condition and good working order before the seller shipped them...then MyHermes got their hands on them, broke both tweeters and gave one of the cabinets a good thrashing. I have repaired the tweeters but am now wondering what to do with the cabinet. Two of the corners have taken a hit and the vinyl wrap has broken and is coming away. Its small, but noticeable. There are also two marks on the sides. The speakers work and sound great, but my wife will take one look at them and say, "Did you pull those out of a skip somewhere?". So, I'll either return them or fix them. Not sure which yet.

I have never removed or put on a veneer or vinyl wrap before, and I am not sure if it would be a good idea to fill in the damaged sections with a little putty and paint the cabinets. I'm wondering how to proceed.

Any advice would be welcome. Please remember, I have zero experience with this sort of thing.

Kind regards...
FootHealer

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Thanks for replying, but I've already decided to give these away. They need a bit of fixing up, both the cabinet and, I think, the caps in the crossover, and I've decided not to do this myself after all. It will probably cost more than £100 to do this.

Couldn't delete this post, so I'm leaving it inactive till it goes to archive. May give them to charity or post them for free here on AVForums.

Kind regards...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom