• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

repairing a tablet?

Harlequin_uk

Established Member
My son has managed to snap the charging port on his hannspree hannspad - its tegra 2 based and cannot be charged via usb (as far as I know!)

any idea`s how I can get it fixed? - the port is floppy and the internals are now part of the charger tip!

DVD-Man

Distinguished Member
You would need a new port soldered onto the mainboard inside, a proper repair would involve a full strip down, probably worth more than the tablet is worth.

Harlequin_uk

Established Member
I`ve taken it to pieces already down to the circuit board and can see its soldered in 3 places :( - its also only 0.7mm , and CPC don't seem to have 1

Ian North

Standard Member
My son has managed to snap the charging port on his hannspree hannspad - its tegra 2 based and cannot be charged via usb (as far as I know!)

any idea`s how I can get it fixed? - the port is floppy and the internals are now part of the charger tip!

Power to your elbow for isolating the source of your grief. I do not what the hannspad socket looks like but here is a search that should land you on fleabay with a short scroll down the page:
DC Power Jack ASUS EEE PC 1005HAB 1101HA 1008HA 1005HA
There is an image or two so you may compare the dead beast with what is offered.
Don't click on it as a link, it will take you to some ****** shopping choice, just do a search with it.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom