1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

repairing a minidish

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Matt2122, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Matt2122

Matt2122

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    repairing a minidish I have just had Sky installed in a ground floor flat. The dish lasted less than a day before it was vandalised. The part where the two connectors go have been pulled off. First question is what is the name of this part and where can I buy it.

I have since had a look at other flats and all the dishes on ground floors have been wrecked. If I put the dish indoors will I be able to get a reception? I have single glazed windows and have an unobstructed view to the line of sight.

Thanks for any advice

2. Dillz

Dillz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Sorry to hear your dish got trashed!

Do you mean the thing the cables screw into? If so that's the LNB. They are £20 - £30 for standard Sky and £40-£60 for Sky+. Or try Ebay.

I have heard of Sky working OK through a window, though you are meant to have them outdoors line of site. In fact Satcure.co.uk actually sell an indoor satellite dish, but it isn't suitable for Sky+ Can't imagine what signal strength you would get though.

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    If you replace the glass in the window with plastic, you should be able to receive Sky through a window. There is also a "dish" that looks like a TV aerial, but it costs about £175 :rolleyes: You should be able to find it by searching through the postings in this forum.